- Location: Lagos, Benin city Nigeria
- Position: Associate
- Job Description
We are searching for a talented corporate lawyer to join our firm’s Corporate and Commercial Practice Group. Your principal goal will be to provide advisory, due diligence and legal compliance for our Client transactions as will be briefed, while actively helping our client avoid possible legal risks and violations.
Other duties will include consulting and leading all corporate legal processes such as mergers, compliance issues, transactions, partnerships, and lawsuits. The successful candidate will have outstanding negotiation and communication skills, with sharp attention to detail.
• Review and draft corporate/commercial contracts
• Ensure client corporate transactions comply with relevant laws and regulations.
• Provide advice on legal issues and business matters. Represent client in legal proceedings.
• Assist in the examination, development of policies and procedures for clients
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Education and/or Requirements
Interested candidates must:
• A minimum of four (4) years experience and be interested in building a career in Corporate and Commercial Law Practice
• Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree from a reputable university minimum of Second Class Upper Division
• Be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association
• Have completed the National Youth Service Corps NYSC scheme
Competency and Skills Requirements:
• Excellent analytical ability
• Ability to think strategically
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent reporting skills
• Detail-oriented and self-motivated
• Excellent research skills
• Excellent team working ability
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should state ‘Job Title & Ref: on the application form that could be found by following the Apply Now Button.
Manifield Manpower Consultancy MMC.ng/hire is acting as an employment agency in relation to this job listing. Your application and interest in this vacancy will be treated with the strictest confidence at all times. Your details may be kept on record so we can contact you about this or other relevant opportunities in the future. Your details will not be passed to third parties without your consent. You can request them to be removed from our database at any point Please note that we are an equal opportunity employer.